1. Write whatever you feel. Pour out poetics onto pages stained with tears and remember that’ll you’ll look back at this in a years time and feel stabs of emotion.
2. Eat raw, eat vegan, then eat chocolate. Be strong one minute then breakdown an hour later. Be a contradiction. Who gives a shit, he’s not around to call you out on it anymore.
3. Don’t neglect yourself. Grab your waist and feel your ribs expand as you breathe. Don’t lose yourself to late nights and too much wine. Eat well, run with your anger and plank like a motherfucker. Get those abs you always wanted.
4. Be humble. Attract good people. Do all things with kindness and they’ll come like moths to a flame. Welcome these people, they will be friends for life. Take them on coffee dates and pay for their coffee.
5. Remember how your friends told you that its ok to feel. Its ok to be curled in your bed on a Tuesday night with the weight of everything pressing on your chest. He was yours and you lost him. You won’t believe them now, but feel it. Feel the pain. Its the first steps to healing.
6. Find the little things, small moments of happiness, and cling to them. Anything, go and watch the bees in the garden for 5 minutes every morning. Meditate on them, focus in on the way the world goes on despite all the hate, the pain, the loss. Then go out and be a part of the continuation. Go on.
when life gives you lemons, hope that they’re lulu
I’m afraid I’ll never finish college. I’m afraid I’ll finish college with student loans I can never pay back. I’m afraid I’ll get a degree and won’t be able to find a job in that field. I’m afraid I’ll get a degree, get the job I dreamed of, and hate it.